SHMLive - operation
- The Roctest Group technicians design a monitoring strategy in cooperation with the infrastructure owner, and install sensors at pre-selected locations of the structure.
- The sensors are connected to data acquisition units (DAUs), which in turn, are connected to an aggregation device that oversees the overall management of the instruments and DAUs and locally collects the data.
- Data is continuously transmitted to the SHMLive secure online database, either through a direct internet connection or through wireless standards such as GSM and satellite.
- The data is analyzed in real-time against limits preset by the infrastructure owner. In the event limits are exceeded, SHMLive automatically alerts the infrastructure owner by SMS, email, or phone calls.
- In addition to an exception-based alert system, SHMLive serves as an archive that enables the infrastructure owner and/or consulting engineering firm to conduct more advanced analysis and to record events that are relevant to the life of the structure.
- Finally, the SHMLive portal can be used to store and share all documents related to the monitoring project, including reports, plans and other useful information.