6 Novembre 2013Monthly Bulletin - October 2013
27 Septembre 2013Smartec Newsletter - Issue 2 2013
Read the latest Smartec Newsletter (Issue 2 2013)
- NEW PRODUCT: Introducing the New SOFO VII MuST Reading unit.
- NEW APPLICATIONS: Highway bridge monitoring in Romania
- NEW PAPAER: "Fast Detection and Localization of Small Ammonia Leaks Using Distributed Fiber Optic Sensors"
- NEW Roctest Catalogue
- Upcoming Events and Webinars
9 Septembre 2013New Publication on Ammonia Leakage detection
Newly available in our Publication Library:
Fast Detection and Localization of Small Ammonia Leaks Using Distributed Fiber Optic Sensors, Rob de Bont, Daniele Inaudi, AIChE Technical Manual (2013), Vol 54, Page 91-99
Recently presented at the 2013 AIChE Ammonia Safety Symposium Conference in Frankfurt, Germany.
For additional information, please contact SMARTEC's pipeline monitoring specialist Roberto Walder (email@example.com).
6 Septembre 2013Updated Product Catalog
The Roctest’s updated product catalog is now available online for downloading.
1 Juillet 2013Monthly Bulletin - July 2013
18 Juin 2013Smartec Newsletter - Issue 1 2013
Read the latest Smartec Newsletter (Issue 1 2013)
- NEW APPLICATIONS: Distributed Fiber Optic Sensors for Dams and Levee Deformation Monitoring.
- NEW APPLICATIONS: Ammonia Leakage Detection
- Upcoming Events and Webinars
14 Juin 2013New publications added to online libraryWe have added new publications to our web library. You can find the complete list in our Publications Page.In particular, you can read the following new papers:
- Monitoring Load Redistribution in a Cable-Stayed Bridge, Daniele Zonta, Paolo Esposito, Matteo Pozzi, Marco Molignoni, Riccardo Zandonini, EACS 2012 – 5th European Conference on Structural Control , (2012)
- Dynamic Monitoring of Buildings, Martin Gruber, Dr. Christoph Donié, EACS 2012 – 5th European Conference on Structural Control , (2012)
- Instrumentation with Fiber Optic Sensors emphasizing Operation of Tailing Dams and Landfill monitoring, Claus Fahrenkrog, Arturo Fahrenkrog, EACS 2012 – 5th European Conference on Structural Control , (2012)
- Götaälv Bridge Long Term Monitoring, Per Dobloug, Frank Myrvoll, Riccardo Belli, Merit Enckell, Benny Bergstrand, Branko Glisic, EACS 2012 – 5th European Conference on Structural Control , (2012)
- Monitoring of Harbour Structures in The Netherlands, Martin Veldhuis, EACS 2012 – 5th European Conference on Structural Control , (2012)
- Fibre Optic Sensors for the Thermo-Mechanical Instrumentation of the ITER Magnets, Alain Poncet, Felix RODRIGUEZ-MATEOS, Daniele INAUDI, Riccardo BELLI, EACS 2012 – 5th European Conference on Structural Control , (2012)
- System Approach to Structural Health Monitoring of Unique Projects, Andrey SHILIN, Alexey KIRILENKO, Arseny BAUKOV, EACS 2012 – 5th European Conference on Structural Control , (2012)
- Distributed sensing for damage localization, Daniele Inaudi, R. Belli, D. Posenato, 6th International Conference on Bridge Maintenance, Safety, and Management (IABMAS 2012) , (2012)
- A combination of sensing techniques to estimate tension and elongation in bridge cable-stas, Daniele Zonta, P. Esposito, M. Molignoni, M. Pozzi & R. Zandonini, M. Wang, Y. Zhao, D. Inaudi & D. Posenato, 6th International Conference on Bridge Maintenance, Safety, and Management (IABMAS 2012) , (2012)
- Detection and localization of micro leakages in multiphase pipelines using distributed fiber optic sensing, Daniele Inaudi, Riccardo Belli, Francesco Gasparoni, Federico Bruni, Angelo Parente, Maurizio Zecchin, RIO OIL&GAS , (2012)
1 Mai 2013Monthly Bulletin - May 2013
1 Avril 2013Monthly Bulletin - April 2013
1 Mars 2013Monthly Bulletin - Mar 2013
1 Février 2013Monthly Bulletin - Feb 2013
1 Janvier 2013Monthly Bulletin - Jan 2013
30 Mars 2012Roctest Smartec Telemac Newsletter - Issue 3 2012
Read the latest Roctest Smartec Telemac Newsletter (Issue 3 2012)
- NEW APPLICATIONS: A Milestone in the Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) of High-Rise Buildings. Today, 400 Buildings in Singapore Are Monitored.
- Upcoming events and Webinars
27 Février 2012Roctest Smartec Telemac Newsletter - Issue 2 2012
15 Février 2012New Papers Online
Two papers form the 5th International Conference on Structural Health Monitoring of Intelligent Infrastructure (SHMII-5), held in Cancun, Mexico on 11-15 December 2011, are now available:
- Cost-Benefits Analysis in SHM Projects, D. Inaudi, 5th International Conference on Structural Health Monitoring of Intelligent Infrastructure (SHMII-5) 2011 11-15 December 2011,Cancún, México , (2011)
- Localization of instability zones in levees, landslides, sinkholes and tunnels with distributed optical fiber sensors, D. Inaudi, R. Belli, 5th International Conference on Structural Health Monitoring of Intelligent Infrastructure (SHMII-5), 11-15 December 2011,Cancún, México , (2011)
2 Février 2012Roctest Smartec Telemac Newsletter - Issue 1 2012
Read the latest Roctest Smartec Telemac Newsletter (Issue 1 2012)
- NEW PRODUCTS: Multi-Level Piezometer
- NEW APPLICATIONS: Sensing in Cryogenic Conditions
- Upcoming events and Webinars
2 Février 2012New Multi-level Piezometer released
The multi-level vibrating wire piezometer is perfect for measuring pore pressures at various depths beneath a single surface location. It allows for quick and reliable installations because multiple piezometers are connected to a single communication cable, which is in turn connected to the data acquisition system or readout. This configuration eliminates complicated and time consuming and, therefore, costly process for installing multiple single sensors in the same borehole. This simplified installation not only reduces installation time but also minimizes the potential for hydraulic communication between sensors that might lead to erratic readings. A typical installation of the multi-level piezometer utilizes a direct grouting installation so that only the multi-level piezometer string and a grout injection tube are needed to complete the installation. Once the grout has hardened, the piezometers are isolated from one another, allowing precise measurements of pore water pressure changes at various depths.
The multi-level piezometers incorporate the same standard features included in our single PW-series vibrating wire piezometers. The main function of this multi-level piezometer is to measure pore water pressure beneath the ground surface. It provides significant advantages in terms of time, resources and cost reduction related to installation, while providing quick and reliable reading at various depths. The multi-level piezometer allows the customer to define sensor spacing along the readout cable providing precise depth control based on site specific requirements. Junctions between each piezometer and the main cable are reinforced using epoxy resin for a waterproof and durable seal. The time proven design of the PW-series sensors allows them to be tied to the multi-level piezometer core cable and provide very reliable long-term performance. The sensor wire is fabricated using proven methods for ensuring an exceptional long-term stability. It is isolated in a vacuum sealed chamber to protect against corrosion. A gas filled spark gap integrated into each sensor protects against electromagnetic surges and radio frequency interference. A triple watertight barrier is installed at the cable end to prevent water infiltration to the sensor core. To this day, thousands of PW sensors have been installed and operate throughout the world.
21 Décembre 2011Holiday Greetings
With the end of 2011 nearly here, I really want to thank all our Partners and valuable Customers for their continued business and support during the last year. It has been an exciting year for us with the arrival of new owners, new sister companies and expanded product lines. I am confident 2012 will bring even more innovation and growth to our business.
Our entire organization joins in sending Holiday greetings and best wishes for the New Year.
President and CEO
20 Décembre 2011Salt Cavern Monitoring System for Early Warning of Sinkhole Formation - Paper published in Geotechnical News
15 Décembre 2011Roctest Smartec Telemac Newsletter - Issue 12 2011
Read the latest Roctest Smartec Telemac Newsletter (Issue 12 2011)
- FOP-MicroPZ - The Smallest Piezometer
- SHM of the Brammen Terminal quay wall in Rotterdam
- Word from the President
- Exhibits and Webinars schedule